What data I collect and how I use it
Service Data Collection
I may collect and process the following data about you during the process of providing my services:
- Information that you provide through my contact form, such as your name, site address, billing address, household or commercial property at which I will be working (“site address”), email address and telephone number.
- Details of any residents, staff or pets at your site address.
- Details of the work that I will be required to carry out at your site address as part of the services I am providing.
- Any information about you or your site address revealed in photographs and/or video sent to me.
Service Data Usage
I may use this data for the following purposes:
- To manage your booking or respond to your booking enquiry and arrange the supply of my services.
- To carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us.
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request.
- To communicate with you about any comments, complaints, queries or feedback you might have.
- To notify you about any changes to my terms or services.
- To communicate any information about your booking with you.
- To provide you with information about goods and services I offer that I feel may interest you by email. I will send such interest emails only if you have consented (opted-in) to being included on my emailing list and the offers are those I feel you would be legitimately interested in (e.g. they are related to services I have already supplied to you). You may withdraw your consent (opt-out) at any time and may continue to use my services.
Website Data Collection
Information that may be collected automatically when you visit my website:
- Basic demographic information and preferences (if you opted in for sharing demographic data in your Google account) technical information, the type of device you use, network information, your operating system, the type of browser you use, etc.
- Statistical usage data about your browsing actions, patterns, interactions and navigation through the website (this data does not identify any individual)
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Website Data Usage
I may use this data for the following purposes:
- For troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To improve my website and ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device
- To monitor and improve the security, quality and efficiency of my services
- To keep my website safe and secure
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about services that may interest you and to otherwise manage my relationship with our clients
Cookie Data Information
- Essential website cookies. These cookies are essential to the website’s functionality and cannot be disabled.
- Performance cookies. These cookies are used specifically for gathering data on how visitors use the website. All information is aggregated and anonymous.
- Functional cookies. These cookies ensure the proper functioning of the website.
- Advertising (tracking) cookies. These cookies are specifically designed to gather information to display advertisements based on relevant topics that interest you.
Data Security Statement
Data Disclosure to Third Parties
I may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- With your permission for the purposes of providing my services e.g. to a third party contractor that I am working with on your job or a supplier who is delivering materials.
- For the purposes of processing payments through my payment services.
- In cases of change of ownership of this business I will contact you for consent to pass your client information (name, email, phone, address, details of previous jobs) to any new owners.
- Where I have a duty to disclose to any legal authority or law enforcement agency, or where I have identified a vulnerable person at risk.
- Where I am taking action to redress a breach of agreement. e.g. to my legal representatives.
- Where such information is required to facilitate debt recovery. e.g. to a debt collection agency.
- Where such information is require to facilitate fraud prevention. e.g. to a crime agency.
- For security purposes in order to protect my own rights, property and operations and the public standing of these.
Controlling your data
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) grants you the following rights:
- To know about and access the information I hold about you
- To request changes to your personal information if it is erroneous or misrepresents you in any way
- To request a copy of your personal data
- To ask that I restrict the processing of your personal data or erase it completely
Additionally, you can limit the personal information you share. The only way I collect personal information is when you provide it to me voluntarily. Any personal information that is given to me will generally be retained only for as long as it is necessary to provide my services to you.
Contact me about your data
If you have more questions or you want to exercise any of your rights, contact me by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org I will then review your request and get back to you within 30 days.